Credit Worthy News

Texas HTC to Help Revitalize Real Estate Industry

Posted by MacRostie Historic Advisors on Wednesday, February 4, 2015
Find me on:

Novogradac: Journal of Tax Credits

News, Analysis and Commentary On Affordable Housing, Community Development and Renewable Energy Tax Credits

February 2015 • Volume VI • Issue II

By: Bill MacRostie

For the past three decades, Texas has been the poster child for suburban sprawl more than any other state. In metropolitan areas such as Austin, Dallas and Houston, it’s not uncommon to find individuals who have round-trip commutes that top three hours. That’s more than a month spent in the car each year just driving to and from work. It’s easy to see why: As urban buildings fell into disrepair, the prospect of cheaper, new construction lured developers farther and farther away from city centers. And who could blame them? What incentive was there to rehabilitate older, more costly buildings?


Read the Full Article >>

This article first appeared in the February 2015 issue of the Novogradac Journal of Tax Credits. 

© Novogradac & Company LLP 2015 - All Rights Reserved

Notice pursuant to IRS regulations: Any U.S. federal tax advice contained in this article is not intended to be used, and cannot be used, by any taxpayer for the purpose of avoiding penalties under the Internal Revenue Code; nor is any such advice intended to be used to support the promotion or marketing of a transaction. Any advice expressed in this article is limited to the federal tax issues addressed in it. Additional issues may exist outside the limited scope of any advice provided – any such advice does not consider or provide a conclusion with respect to any additional issues. Taxpayers contemplating undertaking a transaction should seek advice based on their particular circumstances. 

This editorial material is for informational purposes only and should not be construed otherwise. Advice and interpretation regarding property compliance or any other material covered in this article can only be obtained from your tax advisor. For further information visit